I am so nervous about my sons recent issues. I had a dream about it last night, or was that a nightmare? We really don't want him on medication but is that going to hurt him? If he was on the medication would he be all better? Is it really a processing issue and a chemical in his body would help him to think? I just don't know. I am supposed to KNOW!
We see the doctor Friday and I will go from there. I am not going to worry about it.(cough *bullspit* cough)
Even though my poor little guy is terribly worried about all the "tests" he has been taking and the meetings his Dad and I have been going too. "I don't want to be a special needs kid, other kids make fun of all the special needs kids. Mom please don't let them give me my own teacher. All the kids will make fun of me" In tears he told me this yesterday as we finished his Book Report he has yet to even start in class as all the other kids have.The teacher had to send it home because he hadn't even cracked the 8 page book he was supposed to read, he didn't write one word on the paper, not even his name! I helped him through it. It took him over 2 hours and that was with me writing down his thoughts and him just copying what I wrote for him. There was only 4 Questions!
If we get a diagnosis from the doctor will pills make him get organized and focused in his head? Will he then be able to put a thought to paper? Will he be able to focus on directions? God only knows. I feel terrible that I am the one that has ADD/ADHD and I gave it to him! I never had pills and I managed, it sucked but I managed!
Hubby asked me today what happens when? What if? I just don't know and I should KNOW!
Sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent!
POGS!
carole
xoxo
5 comments:
You can rant because that is your true feeling.
Cheer up,I hope your son better.
#1 I see this all the time in my kind of work! It is normal for you to feel this way, and it's not your fault!
#2 there are hundreds of kids on "drugs" these days, kids he probably doesn't even know are on them!
#3 What I tell most of my parents here are to try whatever works best for your family.... try the medication, it might help, it might not, but if it does...then it does...and if it's not...then back to the drawing board.
#4 have you had him tested academically? I have students here whose teachers told the parents they needed medication, but when I tested them academically they were actually behind their students, and needed extra help to catch up!
Email me if you want to chat! I will even send you my phone number! LOL...we are both from MA...so...LOL!
This must be such an agonizing decision for you. I've seen first hand what a chemical imbalance can do to someone.
It's different than ADD/ADHD but my boyfriend suffers from depression and anxiety and has most of his life. When off his medication he's a completely miserable person who can barely function...but with the medication he is the person he so badly wants to be...easygoing, no longer moody, anxious, etc.
My best advice is...try it. If it makes things worse or there is no improvement then it's going to be a battle to discover what works. I've heard a change in diet can make dramatic improvements.
((((((((Hugs)))))))
This just breaks my heart. Any time kids cry, it's just so sad - I hope you and the doctors can find something, whatever it is, that works for HIM. God knows what he's doing, wether we like or not, but boy do I know the feeling of guilt about this kind of thing. It sucks, and we're mothers so it must be our fault, right? Sending prayers your way!
Thanks for participating in my giveaway yesterday. :)
What a difficult decision! I have a chemical balance myself and resisted meds for 20 years and now I don't know why! I feel so much better! But I know people in the same situation where the meds made them foggy. If you decide to try the meds and they are bothersome, don't give up, ask the dr. to try something different.
Post a Comment